CFSP Family Liaison Officer (West Belfast)
Post: CFSP Family Liaison Officer (West Belfast)
Project: Community Family Support Programme
Responsible to: CFSP Co-ordinator
Hours: 37.5 per week
Location: Top of the Rock Centre
Salary: NJC Scale 6: £22,221
Background to Post
Funded by the Department for Employment Learning (DEL) the Community Family Support Programme (CFSP) is an initiative designed to help families experiencing barriers to make life changing decisions to enhance their prospects and become full participants in society. The programme will also support families with a high level of need in developing their capacity to reach their full potential. CFSP will ensure that support is directly matched to the expressed needs of families engaged and may include:
- Tackling family issues such as support for parenting, encouraging better relationships within families, childcare, role models, caring responsibilities, the needs of young people and children including working with schools;
- Social and economic issues, including housing and accommodation, debt and money management, stress management, benefit advice, isolation, domestic abuse, peer pressure and essential skills;
- Mental and physical health issues, alcohol or drug misuse, co-working with health and other agencies;
- Address issues such as behavioural issues, self confidence, motivation, lack of direction, lack of social skills and other personal issues. Developing problem-solving skills to overcome issues.
- Helping those who are not in work to develop skills to find work, this will include writing CVs, job-searching, preparation for job interviews, timekeeping, and;
- Identifying, motivating and supporting family members to access suitable education, employment and training opportunities.
Application pack attached.